Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Last Night in Juneau

FOR NOW!

I just finished packing. And it's only 6:30pm. I'm never finished packing until...well until about 5 minutes before I actually leave. I can't believe how much stuff I have accumulated this summer. I have two suitcases and I'm sure they're both going to be over the weight limit. Plus a duffle bag for a carry on. AND I'm leaving a box of stuff here. It's going to be like Christmas when I get back and realize the exciting stuff I have in that box. Stuff that I most likely will not be needing in Southern California.

Today was my last day at work. And lucky for me, I got to stay in the office. It was miserable outside. Windy, raining, and freeeezing. I am a little nervous for my morning flight tomorrow. I went across the street to get Kally and myself some Chinese food, and the guy was like "summer is definitely over!" It's now winter. There's no in between here.

My last weekend in Juneau was awesome. We went out Friday night and it seemed like everyone in town was out at the bars. 4 of us went out in one car, and all came home separately and at completely different times. (all safely, of course) Saturday was another no ship day. About 11 of us went out kayaking to the glacier, which was amazing. Kayaking was one of the things I really wanted to do this summer, so I'm glad I got to do it. It was a nice day out too. Romeo made me nervous the entire time out to the glacier, especially when he fell off the kayak and into the freezing water. Chris scooped him up no problem...but then he was shaking the rest of the day. He was on my lap the entire way back from the glacier, which made it difficult to paddle. Or maybe that was just an excuse, since my arms were killing me. In between though, we hiked through a couple ice caves. It was phenomenal! The one cave we went into was just insane. There were so many of us taking photos, and I feel like not one picture can capture it's true beauty. I still think everyone needs to come to Alaska and walk through a glacier once in their lives. It is by far one of the best things I have ever done.

I'm feeling weird about going home tomorrow. For a lot of reasons. Mostly because of some news I just received. But I'm trying not to focus on that right now. I just want to get home. I'll deal with it tomorrow. For now, I'm going to try to enjoy my last night. I am going to miss this place so much. It's awesomeness and beauty. And I'm going to miss the people! ugh, I don't even want to think about it! I already started crying saying by to Romeo. And he's a dog. Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment