Monday, April 25, 2011

Bald Eagles

I've been here for almost 2 weeks now, and I still almost crash my minivan everytime I see a bald eagle because I'm too busy staring at it fly around instead of paying attention to the road. Ok that's an exaggeration, but I'm just still in awe.

This weekend was a really good one, with the exception of feeling like crap all day Saturday and missing the fishing trip out on the boat, in turn missing out on seeing a black bear and a brown bear and some sea lions. But 80s night out on Friday was sooo much fun. We all looked ridiculous walking into the bars...it was amazing. And having our own, decorated party bus was pretty great too.

Apparently Sunday was Easter. But Kally, Sky, and I spent the day painting the house rather than hunting for eggs. It was actually pretty enjoyable. We blasted our girly music from the car and the weather was actually really really nice. I was even able to take off my sweatshirt for a while. Kally made halibut for dinner and even though she said it was dry, I thought it was delicious.

Today I did some walking around downtown Juneau, which I liked a lot. Trying to get used to the streets and where things are located. Some of the touristy shops are starting to open. And of course, I want to go in and look at all the Alaskan souveniers....but I won't, yet.

1 comment:

  1. Have Kally tell you about stories of feeding the eagles from our condo deck. Glad you are getting a true Alaskan experience. Oh, and that you have some decent boots.

    ReplyDelete