Saturday, October 9, 2010

Thanks for the hamburger

It's a good thing I didn't write last night. There would have been tear stains all over the paper. (not really since it's a computer, but you know what I mean.) I had a complete breakdown as soon as I locked my apartment door last night. I don't think I stopped crying until I finally fell asleep. I was just completely exhausted after traveling for like 20 hours. And when I first stepped into my apartment, which is ugly and smelled like smoke, I just realized how I am completely alone and scared to death. All I wanted was to be home. In my own bed, with my kitty and my pillow in Karina's house in San Diego. Or maybe even Shane's bed at my parent's house..with my kitty. I know it sounds lame that I miss my cat so much, but she was my little baby that followed me around and I always knew she would be there waiting for me when I got home! So now, I am really just talking to myself. Anyway, I just felt completely out of place. And for those few of you who got emails, sorry if they didn't make sense. I feel like I was drunk or something because I hardly remember writing them. I even woke up at 4am and read one and responded, then fell back asleep.

So, after lots and lots of sleep, I feel a hundred times better today. Oh, by the way, my luggage did not arrive with me in Prague. So that was definitely one reason for my tears last night. They said it would arrive at the Prague airport this morning, but I didn't know my address, so I was going to have to wait until I could call and give it to them. Well, I have a phone (thanks Kiley!) but no credits on the phone. So I was stressing about that. I woke up around noon, but felt completely stressed, lazy, and depressed still. So I put my eye mask on and went back to sleep. I woke up again around 3pm, feeling better and ready to get something accomplished. The lady who picked me up from the airport was super nice, and gave me vague directions to where I could get credits. So I tried looking up the tram stops online, and finally felt confident enough to go out into the world. I showered...with some (green?) peach soap stuff left in the bathroom, since all my shower stuff is of course in my suitcase. I threw on some makeup and my only outfit that I packed in my carry on (which I guess I'll be wearing again tomorrow, since my luggage still hasn't arrived). I was so nervous getting on the tram, just because I didn't have a phone and I was afraid of getting on the wrong one and not being able to find my way back. Czech is such a crazy language...the way the words look and sound are so different. So anyway, I was told to get off at Andel, which was an easy one. And right away I saw McDonald's and KFC, so I knew I was in the right place. I went to Vodafone in the mall where a guy told me how to add credits, which I did. But I really have no idea how it all works. All I know is I was able to call about my luggage and call my parents.

I wandered around the mall, which is pretty great for a shopping enthusiast such as myself. Grabbed some McDonald's since I hadn't had any real food since breakfast at Polly's before leaving. Apparently when you ask for a happy meal, you have to tell them you want fries and a drink. Or something...because all I got was a cheeseburger. Which was fine. I really wasn't very hungry and didn't even finish the burger. So  I was sitting there eating, and the cashier (who didn't speak English) came over to me and put an extra hamburger on my tray, smiled, and walked away. I don't know if she felt bad for me because I obviously didn't know how to order, or she just knew I am a fat kid and would still be hungry. I really wasn't. So I put it in the pocket of my coat. Then I kept thinking of the episode of Seinfeld when Jerry puts the meat in his pockets and Elaine wears it home and has all these dogs around here. I've seen a lot of dogs so far, so it wouldn't have surprised me if that happened to me. Not stray dogs...but still. And that makes me miss D-bo and Maci!

So that was my day. I've actually been in contact with a friend of a friend that is here. (Thanks, Jane!) She had actually invited me out already. But I wasn't feeling it, just because I only have a flannel and pair of jeans. Plus I don't want to be gone, if they come to drop off my suitcase! But I am very grateful that she is taking a chance on someone she hasn't even met! She seems really nice and I think I'm pretty easy to get along with, so I'm sure we'll get along just fine and can't wait to have a friend! haha, ok people...thanks for reading. Sorry this was a long one! Hope everything is well with everyone back in the states!

PICTURES!!!

my little bathroom...which I was totally expecting.


My ugly apartment, which actually looks pretty good in pictures. so photogenic, you little apartment!


 coffee maker! woo hoo...not that it matters, my mom stocked me up with Starbucks Via. millions.
 My bed is of course already messy. Just trying to make into my home!
 There were two ladybugs outside my window which I figured was good luck. There was only one still there by the time I grabbed my camera.
 On my way to the tram...
 After the mall...such a pretty night!


No comments:

Post a Comment