Wednesday, October 27, 2010

too much cheese

The way my morning was going, I thought today was going to be an awful day. It shaped up to not be too bad. But let me just tell you the events that took place this morning: first, woke up with a headache (damn sulfites). I woke up on my own, because apparently the sound was off on my ipod/alarm clock. Wasn't a big deal, still had time to get ready, just not to do anything else. So when I woke up I thought "yay it's sunny! it's sunny and it's Friday!" Then something triggered in my brain, it's not Friday-it's Wednesday. Dammit! I have no idea what made me think it was Friday, but I was convinced. So I got ready and decided I should try my flat iron. I have been scared to blow a fuse. But my curling iron works. And Christine's flat iron works. So I plugged it in, all seemed good. Left the bathroom and heard "boosh!" and the light was off. Blew a fuse and possibly ruined my beloved flat iron forever. I tried to fix it, but it wasn't working, and I had to leave. Then I am on my way to the tram, and messing with my ipod when I realize I only have one glove in my hand. I look back and it's on the ground about 50ish feet away. (how many meters?) Obviously I go back to get it. And of course, miss the tram by seconds. And because I missed that tram, I missed my connecting one. Also by seconds. So I arrive to class 10 minutes late because it was 11 and trams aren't as frequent at that time.

I was convinced I was going to have the worst day ever, including a horrible lesson. But it wasn't too bad. Definitely not my best, but not too bad. Oh and since my power was out, I used almost all my lunch meat on my sandwich and brought all my cheese to school since I can keep it cold there on the window sill. I got this amazing box of cheese yesterday and this little booth set up outside of the mall. 6 different kinds. All delicious. It's not like I had to eat all the cheese...but I just couldn't help it! I never knew there was such thing as too much cheese, but now I have a stomach ache. It was probably worth it though...

I finally put credits on my phone today, which was good because I had to call Iva to talk me through getting my electricity back on. Only because I couldn't open the thing, or understand the words. But electricity is back on and everything is peachy. I was freaking out though because it's really dark in here with no lights on! I thought I was going to have to jump back on the tram to the girls' apartment. And then throw rocks at their windows since you need 17 keys to get into their place. You also need 17 keys to get out of their place. It's very inconvenient.

Another beautiful sunset today, that I missed because I was teaching. I still have pictures to post, but I have to do homework. So I'll probably post them in like 10 minutes when I decide to procrastinate again.

No comments:

Post a Comment