Tuesday, October 19, 2010

we're totally locals now

We got out of class about 4:50 today, which was so nice. So Christine and I decided to go somewhere for a drink. We were both craving a glass of wine. So we jumped on the first tram that came and got off at a spot we thought was good. It was exactly where I had been wanting to go...the Charles Bridge! It was still so early so we just decided to wander. We came across a shy Vietnamese girl who was doing a questionnaire. It was weird filling it out, saying we lived here, but who knows for how long? We ended up meeting her teacher, and he gave us a perfect spot for a glass of wine. Over the bridge, there was a spot that a lot of Communists used to go to, once upon a time. And he said the outside was still really old school but that it was nice in there. We think we came across it, but weren't too impressed, so we kept wandering. We went into a random store where this young guy told us where we could go that was where locals go, rather than tourists. (By the way, we really had no idea where we were...Prague 1. but you could have said 4 and we would have believed it.) The place we went was so cute! totally hipster. We each ordered wine that came in little mini pitchers. Super cute. and the wine was really good. We had some food and and just hung out for a long time. So fun :) and a few cute guys, which is way rare.

I was so glad Christine was like, let's go do something! Because I just get so tired after class! But still want to see stuff! Today was even worse than Monday...we were all yawning and delusional. I'm pretty sure our teacher, Jeremey, hates us. The three of us girls start giggling randomly and he just doesn't get it. Um, inside joke Jer, don't worry about it.

Sooo...yesterday, someone was supposed to come fix my blinds that didn't work. So I even cleaned a little. But when I got home, they were in exactly the same shape: broken. I had gone grocery shopping last night and had been drinking wine...so I kind of made a mess of the place. It wasn't that bad, just stuff not put away. Today at school, Iva told me they would come today at 4. So when I got home tonight, blinds were fixed.....but also, apartment-cleaned! what??? I was so confused. Why did someone make my bed?? And not only make my bed, switch my fave blanket with the ugly comforter from the other bed... and put my groceries away. And put my books in a neat pile on my desk. And put my boots away. And where did this towel with the penguins come from? very strange. I would have rather them just wash my dishes in the sink...that's what I hate doing the most...

At least now I don't have to change in the bathroom. Or feel like I should.

Nervous about tomorrow...giving a lesson in grammar. eek. I barely understand it myself! Present perect continuous what?  I don't get it..

No comments:

Post a Comment