Friday, October 8, 2010

Why is airplane food so gross?

I am currently on the airplane, headed to Germany, where I have a five hour layover and THEN I will be on my way to Prague. So I will just post this when I am bored out of my mind in the Dusseldorf airport. Having no expectations coming into this, I feel like I’ve already been through a major culture shock. I’m pretty sure I’m the only person on this plane that speaks English only. I feel so overwhelmed right now. I hate not being able to understand the people around me. But at the same time, I love hearing these Germans talk. Other languages fascinate me. I should probably try to learn one. Hmm. I just did something I haven’t done on an airplane in a really long time. I got up and peed. It makes a difference being on the aisle. I figured I should go before my Benadryl kicks in and I pass out and pee my pants. (I don’t think that would really happen..)

I stopped writing because they played “Letters to Juliet.” I wanted to see it so bad, but it was just okay. I had to force myself to stay awake though. I thought they would serve dinner right away, but we had to wait a while. So I couldn’t go to sleep right away. Although, I don’t know why I stayed up for the food. Airplane food is not good, not even a little bit. So I only slept for about 3 hours. I’m in Germany now, but I can’t connect to the internet like I thought I would be able to. It’s 6am California time, I’m so tired!! And I still have an hour and a half before I can even check in. Then two more hours after that. Oye.

It really amazes me at all the nicely dressed people traveling. I must look like such a bum. I try to be as comfortable as I can. There was a girl on my flight wearing heels, an off-the-shoulder shirt and makeup on…a little different than my leggings, t-shirt, and sweatshirt. Maybe she had someone more exciting waiting for her here, than I will have when I get to Prague.

I think I’m too tired for this to hit me. I mean, I did get a little nervous walking around this airport, trying to figure out where the hell I was going. But it hasn’t really hit me that I will be in Prague later tonight and will be there, without a return flight booked. I’ve never done anything like this. Even when I went away to college, I only moved 90 miles away from home. I surprised myself, I didn’t even cry really when I left last night. A little bit when saying bye to Heather. A little when saying bye to Carly. And a little when saying bye to my mom. Luckily, I was too concerned about getting on the plane, or I would have bawled like a baby. I’m sure I will once I get into my apartment and realize I’m all alone. I definitely already miss a couple certain people. And Lily. I’m going to miss my furry little cuddle buddy!

Step 1-done. Step 2-in process. Thank you J

No comments:

Post a Comment